Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend

Every weekend I end up with a horror movie marathon. Depending how often I fall asleep during the movies depends how many I've watched. This weekend I've fallen asleep a lot. And the movies I will review are:

Hellion: The Devil's Playground -It was cheesy in a way where you could of had it a kids movie if you took out the sex references and cussing. It's about a hella rich neighborhood that had one crappy house home to a guy who sacrificed children in some satanic ritual. The characters have inconsistent personalities. I mean it's okay for the kids, they're possessed. Oh and everyone else is kinda slow. I mean it'srefreshing not to have  characters jump to supernatural conclusions, but to choose how the situation played out before-hand and not let anyone give their side is not cool. Oh and the evil cubby house, that's some special evil. Not the best movie but fun to watch.

The Possession of David O'Reiley: I loved the movie but at the end I got into an argument about whether the guy was psycho or haunted. I don't think he was remotely possessed. . . Anyway this movie is about a guy who after finding out his wife cheated on him went to his friends house to stay. While at the house he progressively began flipping his lid until the things in the darkness were inside the house. I'll be honesty, the question why didn't they just leave when they had the chance might enter your mind but honestly if you think your friend went psycho you won't believe in monsters invading your house that only he can see and it does show emotional distress over considering sending him to a looney bin. Anyway watch this in the dead of night and it is creepy.

Txt - Filipino horror about a dead obsessive boyfriend. I liked the movie. So the boyfriend kills all her friends who disliked the girlfriend's relationship with him. (Except his bitchy mother) Certain horror movie rules are followed but something seems different about the movie, but I can't put my finger on it. Anyway they seek professional help (priests/exorcists) after realizing the boyfriends mother couldn't have done everything. Wait! the horror movie difference show the characters making rational thoughts! They still fail but they made the effort.

The Bonesetter Returns: I fell asleep during this one and didn't try rewatching it. It extremely low budget and a second in the series. Returns wasn't a big enough give away. Anyway I'll have to wait until I see the first. And by low budget I mean wasn't made for theatre viewing.

This was my weekend horror movie list. Next weekend WOMAN IN BLACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment